Pull-rings are used in conjunction with U-shaped seals to connect pipe components and pressed
components with a 6 mm lip.
The use of different U-shaped seal profiles enables the same pull-ring to be used with 1 to 2 mm thick pipe components and pressed components.
To meet the different requirements of every system, JACOB offers a comprehensive and wide-ranging
standard range which covers most requirements.
|Profile for 1 mm wall thickness||Profile for 2 and 3 mm wall thickness|
|NBR, silicone, Viton||EPDM conductive||NBR, silicone, Viton, EPDM conductive For 3 mm wall thickness, the use of U-shaped seals made of NBR or silicone is recommended. Only in conjunction with the pull ring for 3 mm pipework.|
|Pipework component B||Wall thickness pipework component A||Wall thickness pipework component A||Wall thickness pipework component A|
|1 mm||1,5 mm||2 mm||1 mm||1,5 mm||2 mm||2 mm||3 mm|
|QUICK CONNECT pull-ring||Pull-ring (without sealant)|
• Repair damaged lipped ends (e.g. align)
• Eliminate any unevenness from the lipped end
• Assemble the pipework tension-free
• Ensure when fitting the pull-ring that the U-shaped seal does not bunch or fold
• Support horizontal tubing approximately every 4 meters. If there are multiple short pipework components in the pipeworl line, the interval between supports should be reduced
• Attach branch components so that they do not generate any tension in the main pipework line
• Tighten the bolts of two-parted pull-rings evenly on both sides
• Re-tighten the pull-rings after 24 hours to ensure they are as leak-proof as possible
Note: To connect JACOB pipe components with a 6 mm lip. A U-shaped seal and a pull-ring are needed for each
connection. You need a 6 mm hexagon cap screwdriver to mount the pull-rings.
Attach a U-shaped seal over one of the lipped tube ends.
• The U-shaped seal must be slightly stretched to enable it to be attached
• The profiled side must face the tubing component that is being connected
Position the connecting tube and slide one pull-ring half over the lipped pipe end.
|QUICK CONNECT pull ring||Two-parted pull ring|
|First, attach the pull-ring half without the toggle clip||We recommend separating the two halves of the pull-ring beforehand|
Ensure that the pipework components are properly aligned and the U-shaped seal is in the correct position.
Note: We recommend that when fitting horizontal pipelines where condensate occurs, any points at which the U-shaped seal is glued should be positioned on top, and the connecting points of the pull-ring halves are horizontal. This ensures the maximum possible tightness at the lowest point of the connection.
Press the second pull-ring half onto the lipped pipe ends.
Please note: When closing the pull-ring, the U-shaped seal must not bunch or fold.
|QUICK CONNECT pullring||Two-parted pull ring|
|Place the clasp over the closing hook and close the clip.||Tighten the bolts evenly with a torque of 10 Nm|
|To prevent the connection from loosening accidentally (such as due to vibration) tighten the bolt with a 10 Nm torque on the mounting face|
Please note: A bolt tightening torque of 10 Nm is necessary for the QUICK CONNECT pull-ring, or 25 Nm for the two-part pull-ring, for shock explosion proof connection of up to 3 bar over-pressure.